9. How can I tell whether my browser supports 128-bit encryption?
In order to check your browser's encryption level:If you are using Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.x or higher:
- Select "Help" from the Internet Explorer menu bar.
- Select "About Internet Explorer" from the drop-down menu
- The "About Internet Explorer" dialog box will provide information on your browser version and encryption level
If you are using Mozilla Firefox 3.x or higher:
- Select "Help: About Mozilla Firefox"
- From the "About" Web page scroll down the left-hand side.
If you have 128-bit US encryption you will find the following statement :"This version supports US security with RSA Public Key Cryptography, MD2, MD5, RC2-CBC, RC4, DES-CBC, DES-EDE3-CBC." If you have the less stringent International encryption and need to upgrade your encryption level, you will find the following statement: "This version supports International security with RSA Public Key Cryptography, MD2, MD5, RC2-CBC, RC4."