When you book your child to travel on a flight by themselves we will ensure that your child will have a safe, happy and memorable trip.
The following points are a few guidelines to help you plan your child's trip.
Bookings and check-in for children traveling alone cannot be made from web services.
For further information please contact Cyprus Airways Reservations Offices/ Call Centre (+357 22 365700) and we will be happy to assist you with our Unaccompanied Minors "UM" service.
Children traveling alone
Under 2 years
Infants cannot travel alone under any circumstances
Under 5 years
Children under the age of 5 years are only accepted when accompanied by a person of 16 years of age or above (of the same family with the same surname) . Otherwise, a declaration that parents are aware and in agreement for travel should be presented. Declaration could be obtained from local authorities
5 - 11 years (twelve not reached)
Children between 5 and 11 years of age (twelve not reached) traveling alone shall be considered as Unaccompanied Minors and will be provided with the ¨UM¨ service at a fee.Cost for the ¨UM¨ service is:
35 euros per one way sector on all Cyprus Airways International flights.
15 euros per one way sector on the Greek Domestic flights.
Only one "UM" fee will be charged when two or more siblings are traveling together on the same CY operated flight.
Young Persons between 12- 18 years
Upon the request of their parents, young persons between 12-18 years of age can be provided with the ¨Meet & Assist¨ service.
¨Meet & Assist¨ service comes under the same terms and conditions that apply to ¨UM¨ between 5 to 11 years of age
(Thus paying the same fee and using the same formalities/paperwork.)
Young persons over 12 years of age and until the age of 15 (16 not reached) will be accepted for travel alone, or accompanied by a guardian or other appointed person only when they hold a declaration that their parents are aware and in agreement for the travel.
Declaration can be obtained from local authorities
Valid Travel Documents and the Unaccompanied Minor Declaration "UM" form which should be duly completed and submitted to our offices or to the check-in counter prior departure.
At the Departing airport
A responsible adult should bring the "UM" at the airport 2 hours prior to departure and must stay at the airport until the child’s flight has departed.The "UM" will be escorted through departure formalities and accompanied to the gate as required by a designated ground handling staff member.
During the flight
The cabin crew will be informed before the flight about your child's name, age and any special requirements they may have. They will regularly check that your child is comfortable and that he/she enjoys our flight.
At the Arriving airport
When the child reaches their destination Cyprus Airways dedicated ground staff will meet the "UM" at the aircraft and assist him/her through ALL formalities, Baggage claims and hand them over to the adult noted on the "UM" Declaration form.
Children traveling alone are entitled to the full adult baggage allowance
- Cyprus Airways does not accept responsibility for "UMs" beyond the airport of embarkation and disembarkation.
- We won’t accept a child as a "UM" if his/her travel involves connecting flights unless the parent or guardian has arranged for the child to be met and cared at the transfer point). For interline carriage, "UM" shall be permitted only for immediate continuous space, all segments of which have been confirmed. In the absence of any agreement with the connecting airline, the "UM" services will be provided only for the sector performed by CY and will cease at the destination CY arrives.
- For interline itineraries, with immediate continuous connection, regulations, age limits, and charges must be checked directly with the operating carrier.
- For CY Codeshare sectors, the "UMs" must be booked directly with the Operating carrier.
- Up to 6 (six) "UMs" are allowed for acceptance on board a CY aircraft.
- Cyprus Airways will not accept "UM" with pets in the cabin.
- "UM" traveling with pets in Holds can be accepted provided that the same terms and conditions with all other passenger categories apply during reservation and day of flight (capacity restrictions, aircraft non ventilated etc).
Children accompanied while traveling
Children 11 years of age or younger may travel if they are accompanied by a passenger (of the same family with the same surname) who is at least 16 years of age. Otherwise, a declaration that parents are aware and in agreement for travel should be presented. Declaration could be obtained from local authorities