In fact, your child is never traveling alone if he/she is traveling on Cyprus Airways. We care and always make sure that he/she will experience a safe, happy and memorable trip.
The following points are a few guidelines to help you plan your child`s trip. For further information please contact Cyprus Airways Reservations Offices and we`ll be happy to assist you with our Unaccompanied Minors "UM" service.
Please note that you cannot make reservation for "UMs" on cyprusair.com
Children Traveling alone
> Under 2 years
Infants cannot travel alone under any circumstances.
> Under 6 years
Children under the age of six (6) cannot travel alone, unless accompanied by a person over eighteen (18) years of age.
From the age of six(6 ) to forteen completed (14), children traveling alone shall be considered as Unaccompanied Minors or "UM"
> Young Persons over 15 to 18 years
On special request from parents for the provision of ‘Meet & Assist’ service, young persons between the age 15 -18 years old, will be provided with UM services with the same terms and conditions it applies to the young passengers 6-14 age, thus paying the same fee and using the same formalities/paperwork.
The Unaccompanied Minor "UM" forms and documents should be completed prior to departure.
At the Departing airport
The "UM" should be brought to the airport 2 hours prior to departure by a responsible adult who will remain at the airport until the flight has departed.
At the Arriving airport
"UMs" must be met at the destination by the parent or responsible adult designated on the UM form.
During the flight
The cabin crew will be informed before the flight about your child`s name, age and any special requirements they may have. They will regularly check that your child is comfortable and that he/she enjoys our flight.
Children traveling alone are entitled to the full adult baggage allowance
- Cyprus Airways does not accept responsibility for "UMs" beyond the airport of embarkation and disembarkation. "UMs" may not be accepted for travel if the journey involves a transfer with a stop over (unless the parent or guardian have arranged for the child to be met and cared at the transfer point).
- For interline itineraries, with immediate continuous connection, regulations, age limits, and charges must be checked directly with the operating carrier.
- For CY Codeshare sectors, the UMNRs must be booked directly with the Operating carrier.
- A per child fee of EUR 35 for international sectors and EUR15 for Greek Domestic sectors will be charged
- In the cases where 2 or more UMs of the same family travel together, the charge will be for the cost of handling one UM
- Up to 6 (six) UMs are allowed for acceptance on board a CY aircraft;
- UM with Pets in cabin will not be accepted.
- UM with Pets in Holds can be accepted provided that the same terms and conditions with all other passenger categories apply during reservation and day of flight (capacity restrictions, aircraft non ventilated etc).
Children accompanied while travelling
Children 12 years of age or younger may fly if they are accompanied by a passenger who is at least 16 years of age.