Pets may be carried on Cyprus Airways flights, provided that Government regulations are met (please consult the embassy of your destination country for further details).
In order to arrange your pet’s travel (subject to the space available) please contact +357 22 365700 or 8000-0008 (toll free from Cyprus) from 08.00 to 24.00. We regret that requests for pets traveling on flights departing within 24hrs or made on Fridays for flights departing during the weekend, cannot be accepted.
Carriage of Pets in Cabin
For the carriage of pets in cabin the following regulations apply:
- Only cats, dogs and some species of birds up to 8 kilos may be carried in Cabin.
- Cyprus Airways has an Embargo regarding the carriage of Rodents on all Cyprus Airways flights (either as baggage or cargo).
- Cats, dogs and birds with weight more than 8 kilos can only be carried as animals in Hold. All other type of pets irrespective of weight will be carried as cargo
- No reptiles are accepted as pets in cabin
- The maximum weight of the pet and container (combined) shall not exceed 8 Kgs
- The pet shall be accompanied by its owner
- The cage/container must be of maximum size: Length 48cm x Width 35cm x Height 29cm , and of sufficient strength to prevent escape
- Several layers of shredded paper or absorbent material should be placed in the bottom of the container to absorb excreta by the pet
- The cage shall have an auxiliary small door through which the pet may be serviced during the flight
- The pet may have to be given an appropriate sedative, half an hour before departure
- The owner may have to be seated next to the pet at the rear row of the aircraft
- The pet shall be accepted on condition that at least one empty seat is available for this purpose
- The IATA per kilo charge will apply for PETS transported either in the Cabin or as checked baggage (i.e. Normal Excess baggage rate 1.5% of the direct full economy one way adult fare).
- No charge will apply for the carriage of Seeing Eye dogs for blind passengers
- Pets travelling with passengers must be checked in at the ticket counter.
- Please allow extra time beyond normal check-in guidelines
- All pets from / to UK have to be carried as Cargo due to U.K. regulations & procedures
Pets Checked as Baggage
Cyprus Airways accepts pets checked as baggage subject to the space available on the aircraft allocated for animals and other considerations.
If you are planning to check your pet as baggage, please call in advance Cyprus Airways Reservations Offices for further details, as on certain routes an embargo may apply.